We are Evident. We help B2B companies grow in an ever-changing digital world and have been doing so for over 20 years 🚀 Our offices are located in beautiful Utrecht and sunny Lisbon and shared by more than 100 Evidenters! Our success is largely due to our people and the culture we have built together. We are a community, we keep it clear, we take ownership and we have fun! 🥳
What you’ll do:
As an Engineering Manager at Evident, you drive engineering happiness and growth, both on a personal and professional level. You work closely with the technical director and tech leads to position teams for success by creating and cultivating a culture of autonomy, ownership, and continuous improvement. At the organization level, you drive innovation and advocate for the adoption of software development and modern agile best practices.
You will have direct reports and will spend a significant part of your time coaching and helping them to thrive and grow. You will also be focused on helping teams by removing blockers and ensuring they always have access to the right tools and knowledge, so every engineer feels confident and empowered to deliver high-quality software.
- Conduct all aspects of performance management for a group of software engineers;
- Research and map training and certification needs and create appropriate talent development programs to align knowledge and skills with the technical and business strategy;
- Play an important role in the recruitment process, working in close collaboration with Recruitment in defining the candidates’ profile, conducting interviews, and providing feedback;
- Nurture a welcoming, safe, and inspiring work environment and onboarding process that stimulates engineers to shine and grow, both professionally and personally;
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help to develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices;
- Inspire knowledge sharing through planning and facilitating internal and external webinars, workshops, and other knowledge-sharing activities;
- Manage the web development program to train engineers in developing software products based on the tech stack used in their department.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in designing and implementing performance management and talent development programs for the engineers;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use them while coaching, giving feedback, or any presentation where clear communication is essential to “sell” your ideas to engineers and management;
- Eagerness to learn, keeping up to date in the technology stack used as well as being able to propose and support the usage of new technologies, working closely with the technical director and tech leads to drive innovation;
- Excellent coach with the drive to get the best out of others;
- Fluent English speaking skills, both written and spoken.
What you can expect:
- A sunny terrace to enjoy a few drinks 🥂 with your colleagues and our BBQs
- Our annual ski trip and regular online and onsite events 🤙
- Remote work-friendly 👩💻 we really want you to have a voice on this, whether mingling with your colleagues at Café Evident or on our Zoom Café Corner
- A team serious about getting things done while not taking itself too seriously 😁
- Personal study budget and time – we take learning very seriously 👨🏫 and want you to be able to improve your skills
- Weekly Tech Along where you can talk about different topics – some of them might not even be related to tech at all 🎾
- Health insurance 👩⚕️ with the option to add family members
- Annual bonus based on company performance 📈
- Partnerships with OpenUp and Urban Sport Club – we care deeply about your health, safety and mental wellbeing 🍀
- Home office budget to improve your workstation and getting you ready to shine 🤩